NutraCups® Pomegranate Powerhouse
NutraCups® Pomegranate Powerhouse is a superfood hot drink, providing health-conscious people with a unique combination of components of pomegranate, and the antioxidant vitamins C and E.
LIPOSOMA proudly announces our newest product range, called NutraCups®. LIPOSOMA’s NutraCups Pomegranate Powerhouse is a functional food, owing to the health effects of its ingredients vitamin C and E, to which pomegranate anthocyanins and pomegranate seed oil are added. For LIPOSOMA’s NutraCups we selected our finest ingredients and placed these in cup cartridges to be processed by warm water extraction using standard coffee cup extraction machines, which are present in almost every household.
Why take NutraCups® Pomegranate Powerhouse?
Pomegranate Powerhouse contains pomegranate seed oil, pomegranate peel polyphenols and anthocyanins in a synergistic combination. Studies show that the combination of pomegranate constituents can be superior to taking the individual ingredients . Our Pomegranate Powerhouse provides all these ingredients in one beverage. Additionally, the ingredients in LIPOSOMA’s Pomegranate Powerhouse provide you with extra vitamin C and E, which are both powerful antioxidants in their own right . Moreover, vitamin C contributes to a normal energy metabolism .
The technology underlying NutraCups®
Our NutraCups® technology features a carefully adjusted mix of natural lecithins and vitamins that allows for encapsulation of completely different classes of bioactives in finely dispersed lipid particles and vesicles. This enables the protection of delicate bioactives against premature degradation in the gastrointestinal tract  and helps increase their stability and absorption [4,5,6].
1. Viladomiu, M., Hontecillas, R., Lu, P., & Bassaganya-Riera, J. (2013). Preventive and prophylactic mechanisms of action of pomegranate bioactive constituents. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
2. Tardy, A. L., Pouteau, E., Marquez, D., Yilmaz, C., & Scholey, A. (2020). Vitamins and minerals for energy, fatigue and cognition: A narrative review of the biochemical and clinical evidence. Nutrients, 12(1), 228.
3. Fricker, G., Kromp, T., Wendel, A., Blume, A., Zirkel, J., Rebmann, H., Setzer, C., Quinkert R., Martin, F., Muller-Goymann, C. (2010). Phospholipids and lipid-based formulations in oral drug delivery. Pharmaceutical Research 27(8), 1469-1486.
4. Marín, D., Alemán, A., Sánchez-Faure, A., Montero, P., & Gómez-Guillén, M. C. (2018). Freeze-dried phosphatidylcholine liposomes encapsulating various antioxidant extracts from natural waste as functional ingredients in surimi gels. Food chemistry, 245, 525-535.
5. Neophytou, C. M., & Constantinou, A. I. (2015). Drug delivery innovations for enhancing the anticancer potential of vitamin E isoforms and their derivatives. BioMed research international, 2015.
6. Bruch, G. E., Fernandes, L. F., Bassi, B. L., Alves, M. T. R., Pereira, I. O., Frézard, F., & Massensini, A. R. (2019). Liposomes for drug delivery in stroke. Brain research bulletin, 152, 246-256.